Eagles and Hawks - Birds of Prey Poster Vol. 2
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What are the dimensions of this particular poster?
Both Eagles and Hawks posters are 23x35. That's an inch shorter all around than the standard 24x36 size. They will fit nicely in that size frame, however, if first mounted on a 24x36 piece of black foamcore. We plan to change the poster dimensions to 24x36 on the next print run but that will likely not be for at least a year.
Our botanical and bird prints each come in three sizes: 5x7, 8x10, and 11x14. Our fish prints also come in 3 sizes, but slightly different: 6x9, 9x12, and 12x16.
These prints are all available plain, matted, and framed with or without mats, with the exception that 5x7 and 6x9 are not available framed without mats.
About Frame Sizes
Frames are designated and referred to by the size of their opening, NOT by their outside dimensions. This is the industry convention and makes standardizing frames easier. An 8x10 frame is an 8x10 frame is an 8x10 frame, regardless of whether the frame molding is half an inch wide or 3" wide. Any frame described as an 8x10 has an opening sized to fit an 8x10 print or photo perfectly.
|Print Size||Matted Size||No Mat/Frame*||Mat/Frame*|
*Add 2" to each number to calculate outside frame dimensions for our frames. If using your own frame, add 2x its molding width to each number.
How much Wall Space?
To know the true amount of wall space a framed print will occupy, you must add the width of the frame molding on all sides to the standard designated size of the frame. The molding width of all the frames we sell is approximately 1". Therefore, you must add 2" (1" left and right, 1" top and bottom) to each dimension to get the finished size: 8x10 is really 10x12, 11x14 is really 13x16, 16x20 is really 18x22, etc.
Standard Sizes: 5x7, 8x10, 11x14 print sizes. Order just the prints and have them matted and/or framed.
- Restoration Process: In getting a quality image, we repair blemishes, and enliven faded colors on scanned images. Having a coordinated look to a set of prints is also important. As part of the restoration process, we additionally remove the background coloring and redo the captions in consistent fonts and point sizes.
- Quality Printing Process: We print all images on the same paper for a consistent background color and texture. Many low-quality prints on the market are not printed with fade and water-resistant inks and are printed on low quality paper. They can quickly fade, smudge, and lose color accuracy. Ours do not.
- Exceptional Service: Our service is exceptional. We’re happy to help customers choose coordinating and complimentary prints, and to discuss custom needs.
- Learn the tips & tricks to hang pictures like a pro.
- 3 design rules when hanging art above your couch
- IKEA Ideas: How to hang pictures for a foolproof finish