Trout, Salmon and Char Mini Poster Combo
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What is the main difference between art paper and laminated? Is the laminated reflective?
Art Paper is just standard poster-wieght paper. Laminated is Art Paper that has been enclosed in a thin layer of plastic. It is more durable, less easily damaged, and wipes clean with a damp cloth, but does not look as good in a frame. It has a glossy finish, so it is somewhat reflective. Bottom line: if you want to frame it, get Art Paper, but if you want to hang as is, get Laminated.
Our botanical and bird prints each come in three sizes: 5x7, 8x10, and 11x14. Our fish prints also come in 3 sizes, but slightly different: 6x9, 9x12, and 12x16.
These prints are all available plain, matted, and framed with or without mats, with the exception that 5x7 and 6x9 are not available framed without mats.
About Frame Sizes
Frames are designated and referred to by the size of their opening, NOT by their outside dimensions. This is the industry convention and makes standardizing frames easier. An 8x10 frame is an 8x10 frame is an 8x10 frame, regardless of whether the frame molding is half an inch wide or 3" wide. Any frame described as an 8x10 has an opening sized to fit an 8x10 print or photo perfectly.
|Print Size||Matted Size||No Mat/Frame*||Mat/Frame*|
*Add 2" to each number to calculate outside frame dimensions for our frames. If using your own frame, add 2x its molding width to each number.
How much Wall Space?
To know the true amount of wall space a framed print will occupy, you must add the width of the frame molding on all sides to the standard designated size of the frame. The molding width of all the frames we sell is approximately 1". Therefore, you must add 2" (1" left and right, 1" top and bottom) to each dimension to get the finished size: 8x10 is really 10x12, 11x14 is really 13x16, 16x20 is really 18x22, etc.
Standard Sizes: 5x7, 8x10, 11x14 print sizes. Order just the prints and have them matted and/or framed.
- Restoration Process: In getting a quality image, we repair blemishes, and enliven faded colors on scanned images. Having a coordinated look to a set of prints is also important. As part of the restoration process, we additionally remove the background coloring and redo the captions in consistent fonts and point sizes.
- Quality Printing Process: We print all images on the same paper for a consistent background color and texture. Many low-quality prints on the market are not printed with fade and water-resistant inks and are printed on low quality paper. They can quickly fade, smudge, and lose color accuracy. Ours do not.
- Exceptional Service: Our service is exceptional. We’re happy to help customers choose coordinating and complimentary prints, and to discuss custom needs.
- Learn the tips & tricks to hang pictures like a pro.
- 3 design rules when hanging art above your couch
- IKEA Ideas: How to hang pictures for a foolproof finish
I was excited to see the posters in person, they look so great. I was a bit nervous about the quality of the mini posters because I saw that they were resized, but both the mini and full-sized posters are perfect quality.
Great job. I plan to reorder.
Ordered a large print which I had converted to poster. An initial USPS shipping problem was reported, and corrected immediately.
Overall: a high quality product combined with very responsive service.
The poster is beautiful.
But be aware, it is not a “standard” poster size.
One inch too long and one inch too narrow, so if you want it framed, you will have to pay $300 to frame a $25 print.
Had I known that, I wouldn’t have made this purchase.
As what I thought would be an awesome Christmas gift has become frustrating and expensive.
Our apologies for the non-standard sizing. This poster has been available only in this size since it's original publication more than 25 years ago. We bought the company about a year ago and intend, when reprinting becomes necessary, to resize the poster and its sister Female Trout poster to the standard 24x36 size. We expect them both to be available in the new size this coming spring and would be happy to send you a copy of the new version when we get them.
The standard workaround for this size poster has always been to trim 1/2' off the top and bottom, mount it on a piece of 24x36 black foamcore and frame it in a standard 24x36 frame. You have a small black border showing on each side but it's not obtrusive and certainly beats the cost of a custom frame.